The Time Traveler’s Wife
By Audrey Niffenegger
MacAdam/Cage, San Francisco, USA, 2003
Book: 236mm x 170mm x 55mm
Box: 265mm x 207mm x 87mm
Bound in 2020
- Full leather binding bound in taupe-coloured bull skin with miscellaneous coloured leather onlays.
- The leather is embroidered over the onlays with coloured silks and metallic threads using a variety of embroidery stitches.
- 24 carat gold leaf highlights adorn the front and back covers of the binding.
- The edges of the cover design are blind tooled.
- The endpapers were made using acrylic paints in red and grey, in combination with a crackle glaze, creating a “crazed” effect that then had gold leaf laid behind some of the cracks.
- The paper doublures are made to look like a library card, with dates stamped and written on.
- The top and bottom edges of the text block are also printed with the date stamp.
- Veneered oak box, with the original brass perpetual calendar that the design is based on inset into the lid.
- The dial of the calendar can still be turned by opening the lid of the box revealing the back of the calendar visible in a hole drilled though the lid.